VMware has released a new security advisory VMSA-2020-0023: VMware ESXi, Workstation, Fusion, NSX-T, and vCenter Server Appliance updates address multiple security vulnerabilities. VMware Cloud Foundation is also an impacted product.
ESXi OpenSLP remote code execution vulnerability (CVE-2020-3992)
OpenSLP as used in ESXi has a use-after-free issue. A malicious actor residing in the management network who has access to port 427 on an ESXi machine may be able to trigger a use-after-free in the OpenSLP service resulting in remote code execution. If you can’t upgrade to the fixed version, as a workaround you can disable CIM server, documented in VMware KB 76372.
- ESXi 7.0 – update to ESXi_7.0.1-0.0.16850804
- ESXi 6.7 – update to ESXi670-202010401-SG
- ESXi 6.5 – update to ESXi650-202010401-SG
- VMware Cloud Foundation 4.x – update to 4.1
- VMware Cloud Foundation 3.x – update to 188.8.131.52