VMware just announced the list of 2020 vExperts and I am honored to be nominated for the third time!
For 2020, VMware awarded this title to over 1700 persons from over 40 countries. I’m glad that my country, Romania, has 3 more friends on this list: Razvan Ionescu, Aylin Sali and Michael Stoica. I feel that more of the people involved in the VMware community from Romania should set a target for themselves to be nominated next year (some of them should start with a Twitter account, hint!). If you need more information about the program, feel free to send me a message. For my Romanian friends: you may find more details about being a vExpert from a presentation I did for Romanian VMUG some time ago (first video recording from VMUG Romania October Meeting Report starting around the 6th minute).
For those still unfamiliar with the benefits of the program, I will list the ones that strike me as most important:
- recognition both from VMware and from community to personal “significant contributions to the community and a willingness to share their expertise with others”
- access to vExpert Slack channel – I would say this is a treasure judging by the persons around and the quality of their posts. Think at this as a personal Twitter on steroids 🙂
- VMware software licenses for home labs – virtually all VMware products can be tried with 1 year licenses with enough capacity for a decent home lab
- exclusive opportunities for vExperts – webinars, VMworld events, access to beta programs
- not for resale licenses from other vendors from VMware environment
For the comprehensive list of 2020 vExperts, you can visit the dedicated directory at vexpert.vmware.com/directory.
Congratulations to all new and renew vExperts!
Show your support, share this article: